Sunday, October 19, 2008

Supersize Me...eventhough I have seen the movie


Immediately after watching the film "Supersize Me," I made the decision never to eat fast food again. The disgusting health facts that were disclosed and the low quality service made this aspect of teen life extremely unappealing. So far I have stayed with my decision and have not eaten fast food since seeing the movie, but I'm not sure if it is enough to make me change my lifestyle. I personally order king size fries when I go to Burger King, which is the equivalent to supersizing at McDonald's. After seeing how many calories and how much fat is in the fries, I can promise I will not order the largest size the next time I visit, if there is a next time. My question to you is whether or not you think this movie does a good enough job of representing its case and if it has the power for you to change your lifestyle and stop consuming fast food. In other words, were you grossed out enough so that you never will want a BigMac again?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

While watching the movie, of course I got grossed out. I think watching the main character puke was probably my limit. Yes, I do believe that “Supersize Me” did an adequate job of presenting the facts. However, I don’t know if it will entirely persuade me to change my lifestyle. For example, I only eat fast food probably one to two times a month. I will continue this pattern even after screening the movie because it didn’t show that McDonald’s is lethal after one bite. The main point of the movie was to show people how unhealthy these fast food chains are. The more I think about it, I’m probably not the target audience. I’m sure eating McDonald’s and Burger King twice a month is perfectly fine for my health as long as I stay active. “Supersize Me” is a film that wants to aim at the viewers who are eating this chain every day. I think the question is that is this movie enough to change these individuals away from their unhealthy diet and towards a beneficial lifestyle? That’s what you have to think about.

Leah Cenko

homegurlbusch said...

i would have to agree that watching this movie would keep you from wanting to ever eat fast food again. I went on a road trip the weekend after we watched this and my family stopped at a Hardees. We were all hungry and we were on a toll road so our options were limited. We all went in and ordered, my mom got a salad, my brothers all got burgers and I ordered a grilled chicken breast with no bun, thinking at least that would be healthy considering the movie i had just watched. They also asked if we wanted fries and a drink, i said a medium of both. The drink looked to be about the same size as three fourths of a 2 liter. The fries were far beyond where they originated as potatoes and the chicken breast was coated in salt and seasoning. After this meal i felt like i had just swallowed two cups of salt. So yes having the movie tied in with my bad experience with Hardees I am now anti-fast food.

homegurljanisse said...

Yes, and No. I believe that this movie was an influence but a little exagerated. I wish that he would have explained about every fast food chain rather than just McDonalds. I did learn though, the effects of eating McDonalds. It was disgusting to see how much sodium and how much weight he gained. For me, after seeing the movie, I felt guilty about eating fast food beforehand, and don't plan on eating more later. On the other hand though, I don't eat fast food every single day.

The movie overall, changed my input on fast foods, but did it change my lifestyle completely? No.

Whether it was it influential or not, I don't regret seeing the movie. This was a great wakeup call in the health department.

homegurldickieson said...

I defiantly do not ever want to eat fast foot again because I realize what an effect it can have on my body as well as my health. Its doesn’t even make me feel good after in done eating it. If anything it makes me feel even worse after I am finished eating it. I wish that I didn’t even stop there when I feel like there’s nothing else because obviously there is other thing we just resort to something that is possibly the worst thing ever for you. I am hurting myself if I choose to go to fast food restraints, so there is no one else to blame but myself.
erin dickieson